Evaluation of Manuscripts
- Manuscripts are accepted for consideration with the understanding that they have not been published previously and are not being considered simultaneously for publication elsewhere.
The right to reject any manuscript or return it to the author for format, style, or other revisions before accepting it for publication is reserved by the editorial staff.
- Asian Journal of Family Therapy® is now using a software system to screen submitted content for similarity with other published content. The system compares the initial version of each submitted manuscript against a database of scholarly documents, as well as content appearing on the open web. This allows the editorial office to check submissions for potential overlap with material previously published in scholarly journals.
Masked Review. This journal uses a masked reviewing system for all submissions. Authors should blind their manuscripts for the peer review process.
Format for Manuscripts
Length and Style. Manuscripts should be prepared and submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format only. The length should not exceed 3,500 word counts total (excluding cover page, abstract, references, tables, and figures). Prepare manuscripts according to the Publication Manuals of the American Psychological Association (7th edition), formatted for letter sized or A4 paper with 1-inch margins on all sides and using 12-point Times New Roman font. The entire manuscript, including abstract, references, and quoted materials should be double-spaced. Articles not in the specified format will be returned to authors for revision. Additional guidance on APA Style is available on the APA Style website.
Blinding. The first page of the main text should omit the authors' names and affiliations but should include the title of the manuscript. Footnotes containing information pertaining to the authors' identities or affiliations should not be included in the manuscript, but may be provided after a manuscript is accepted.
Specific File Guidelines:
Please only use Microsoft Word documents; pdfs are not acceptable and will be returned for resubmission. The manuscript must contain the following in order.
Title page. The cover letter accompanying the manuscript submission must include all authors' names and affiliations to avoid potential conflicts of interest in the review process. The following information should be provided for all authors for possible use by the editorial office and later by the production office;
1. Each author’s name, highest earned degree, and current professional or departmental affiliation;
Addresses and phone numbers, as well as electronic mail addresses and fax numbers, if available;
2. Corresponding Author name
3. Previous presentations of the paper, grants, IRB approval, or thanks and acknowledgments as well as any conflicts of interest;
4. The date that the manuscript is submitted.
5. Author Biographies
Abstract. Authors should provide an abstract of not more than 250 words, presented in paragraph form. The abstract must include contents pertaining to each of the followings: objective, method, results, and conclusions or implications. After the abstract, please supply up to five keywords.
Main Text. Beginning on a new page, provide the article title and divide the text into appropriate sections with headings. Each regular paragraph should be indented. The Method section must include a statement describing how informed consent was obtained from the participants (or their parents/guardians) and indicate that the study was conducted in compliance with an appropriate Institutional Review Board (IRB). Authors may insert acknowledgements at the end of main text.
References. Format for references and citations should conform to the APA Style. List references in alphabetical order. Each listed reference should be cited in text, and each text citation should be listed in the References section.
Tables and Figures. Tables and figures should not be embedded in the text, but should be included at the end of the main text following the list of references. List tables and figures, one per page, in the order as they appear in the main text.
English Language Editing
Non-English speaking authors who would like to refine their use of language in their manuscripts might consider using a professional editing service. Such authors may obtain further information at websites providing English language editing services (e.g., Journal Author Gateway by Sage Publishing).
Submission of Manuscripts
- Authors must submit their manuscripts online via email. AJFT will acknowledge receipt of the manuscript via email. Our peer review process entails obtaining blind feedback on your manuscript from three to four experts on the topic. We strive to reach a decision concerning publication as quickly as possible, and we expect to have a four-week turnaround.
- If a manuscript is accepted, page proofs will be sent to authors and must be returned within 72 hours. Changes at that point will be limited to the correcting of printing errors, spelling, dates, and grammar. Substantive changes such as adding phrases, sentences, and paragraphs are not permitted without the Editor’s approval.
Asian Journal of Family Therapy (AJFT) Editorial Office
For difficulties with submission or general queries:
Family & Family Therapy (The KAFT journal in Korean language) Editorial Office